Keywords

Latest topics
» Word Usage
Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 pm by MyLittleCarouselPony

» WTF-Stuff about anything and nothing
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:38 am by MyLittleCarouselPony

» Adoption request
Sat May 06, 2017 9:47 pm by MyLittleCarouselPony

» What are you eating or drinking right now?
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:32 pm by Xylo,TheCarouselPony

» THE CHAT THREAD
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:27 pm by Xylo,TheCarouselPony

» What are you listening to or watching right now?
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:25 pm by Xylo,TheCarouselPony

» The First Word That Comes to Mind
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:21 pm by Xylo,TheCarouselPony

» Cndownload-kJam Play Phase 2
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:20 pm by Xylo,TheCarouselPony

» LOL Pics and Stuff
Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:33 am by Trixie Lulamoon

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

VISIT OUR PEGASISTER WEBSITES
http://mlpforums.forumotion .com ---and--- www.chaosismagic.com
The most tagged keywords

The Scope of Protections for Gender Identity

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Scope of Protections for Gender Identity

Post by MyLittleCarouselPony on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:05 am

[Authored by] Lori Stewart---
Who supports gender identity protection? And who doesn’t.

[Those who support protections from discrimination based on gender identity and/or gender expression---]
Government:
The United Nations, the Veterans Administration, US Departments of Education, Justice, Transportation, Defense, HUD, and Labor plus EEOC via Titles IV/VII/IX, HHS via Medicare and NCD decisions, US OPM via 29CFR/MSPB, NASA, General Services admin, OFCCP, Democrats in general, You could say SCOTUS via Price Waterhouse, but overwhelmingly every court faced with transgender related questions in the last decade.

States with laws for gender identity protection: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Vermont, and Washington, District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico, through executive order Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Montana, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
Cities with code protecting gender identity (My apologies for omitting many due to length): AZ - Phoenix, Tempe, Tucson, CA - Los Angeles, Oakland, Palm Springs, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, CO - Boulder, Denver, Wash DC, FL - Atlantic Beach, Gainesville, Gulfport, Key West, Miami Beach, Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach, GA - Atlanta, Decatur, ID – Boise, Idaho Falls, IL - Aurora, Chicago, Decatur, DeKalb, Evanston, Peoria, IN - Bloomington, Evansville, Indianapolis, South Bend, IA - Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Des Moines, KS - Lawrence, KY -Danville, Lexington, Louisville, LA - New Orleans, Shreveport, MD - Baltimore, MA - Boston, Cambridge, Salem, MI, Ann Arbor, Detroit, East Lansing, Grand Rapids, MN - Minneapolis, St. Paul, MO - Columbia, Kansas City, St. Louis, MT - Bozeman, Helena, Missoula, NE - Omaha, NY - Albany, Binghamton, Buffalo, Ithaca, New York City, Rochester, Syracuse, NC - Chapel Hill, OH - Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Toledo,[Yellow Springs], OR - Bend, Eugene, Portland, Salem, PA – Allegheny, Allentown, Bethlehem, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Scranton, SC - Myrtle Beach, TX - Austin, Dallas County, Dallas, El Paso, Fort Worth, Plano, UT - Ogden, Lake, Salt Lake County, WA - Burien, King County, Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, WV - Morgantown, Charleston, WI - Dane County, Madison, Milwaukee.

Private Organizations:

YMCA/YWCA, Girl Scouts, American Bar Association Amer Medical Assoc, American Psychological Assoc., Southern Poverty Law Center, ACLU, Virtually every significant university.

Children’s Hospitals of Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Boston, Cincinnati, Chicago, Benioff San Francisco, Seattle, Rochester, PATH Madison, Philadelphia, Dallas, Randall Portland, Duke Durham, Oakland, Rady San Diego, St. Louis, Madison, Milwaukee, Barbara Bush Portland Maine, etc.

People: J.K. Rowling, Maria Miller, Dr. Phil, Robin Tyler, Gloria Allred, Gloria Steinem, Dr. Maya Angelou, Nancy Pelosi, Judith Butler, Eve Ensler, Whoopi, Ellen, Gaga, Andrea Dworkin, John Oliver, Barbara Walters, Jessica Xavier, Leslie Feinberg, [Jazz Jennings, Caitlyn Jenner]

Sports: the International Olympic Committee, Planet Fitness, , New England Patriots, Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics, New England Revolution, The Boston Red Sox, New York Giants, NCAA/NSAA, etc.
School Interscholastic Athletic Activities Associations/Sports from: Minnesota, Nebraska, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Connecticut Florida New Jersey, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Wash DC, Wyoming.

Corporations: Aetna, American Airlines, Apple, Bank of America, Best Buy, Chevron, Capital One, Charles Schwab, CIGNA, Citigroup, Cisco, Coca-Cola, Corning, Dell, Eastman Kodak, Ford Motor Co., General Electric, General Mills, Hewlett Packard, Hilton Worldwide, Humana Inc., IBM, Johnson and Johnson, JP Morgan, Kaiser Permanente, Lexmark, Lockheed Martin, Macys, MetLife, MGM Resorts, NCR Corp., Nike, Northrup Grumman, PepsiCo Inc., Phizer, Sears, Southern California Edison, Sprint, Starbucks, Target, Time Warner, Toyota, Walt Disney Co., Wal-Mart, Wells Fargo, Xerox.

Who doesn’t support them:

While it is probably correct to assign some blame to the Muslims, Southern Baptists, or even the Catholics, I refuse to believe that all people who make the choice to believe in a deity are bad, therefore I omit all religions.

Germaine Greer. Ken Zucker and CAMH.

The Heritage Foundation, Family Research Council, Privacy for All,[American Family Association].

The Republicans in general.

Governors of Kansas, Ohio.

[Some residents] of Houston[,TX].

" It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want to;
You would cry, too, if it happened to you ! "

MyLittleCarouselPony
Administrator

Location : IRL---Cedar Point, Ohio / Equestria---Village of Merry-Go-Round

View user profile http://thenewmlpfimforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Scope of Protections for Gender Identity

Post by MyLittleCarouselPony on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Message sent by myself, to Animazement 2016, in Raleigh, North Carolina---

Although I have traveled from Ohio to enjoy attendance at past Animazement anime conventions, I am sorry to have to inform you that due to the HB 2 'Legal to Discriminate' bill that was signed into law by the Governor of North Carolina, I will no longer attend anime conventions, or any other activity, in North Carolina. I would hope that such legal discrimination can and will be undone, but until then, I can not risk being in North Carolina, only to be arrested, fined, or jailed upon doing something as simple and innocent as using a public restroom.  
Praying that you understand and act accordingly to mitigate or eliminate this social and political damage.
From MyLittleCarouselPony, an anime fan from Ohio.

" It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want to;
You would cry, too, if it happened to you ! "

MyLittleCarouselPony
Administrator

Location : IRL---Cedar Point, Ohio / Equestria---Village of Merry-Go-Round

View user profile http://thenewmlpfimforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum