My Little Pony Friendship is a Miracle Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

wiki  

Latest topics
» Safe Sport Compliance
Passing is for Gas EmptyWed Jun 21, 2023 2:02 pm by MyLittleCarouselPony

» Gif Link for Anime Gif
Passing is for Gas EmptySat Nov 12, 2022 5:01 pm by MyLittleCarouselPony

» Reconciliation, Part 1
Passing is for Gas EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 11:36 am by MyLittleCarouselPony

» Fans Critique
Passing is for Gas EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 6:39 pm by Xylo,TheCarouselPony

» Transgender plea
Passing is for Gas EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 1:42 pm by MyLittleCarouselPony

» Video of Interview
Passing is for Gas EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 11:07 am by Xylo,TheCarouselPony

» List of transgender anime,manga,and short stories
Passing is for Gas EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 1:51 pm by MyLittleCarouselPony

» THE CHAT THREAD
Passing is for Gas EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 9:28 pm by Trixie Lulamoon

» Anything and Everything
Passing is for Gas EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 1:23 pm by Xylo,TheCarouselPony

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

VISIT OUR PEGASISTER WEBSITES
http://mlpforums.forumotion .com ---and--- www.chaosismagic.com
The most tagged keywords

Passing is for Gas

Go down

Passing is for Gas Empty Passing is for Gas

Post by MyLittleCarouselPony Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Becoming Susan wrote :
I noticed that I seemed to start passing when I quit worrying about passing. I think what happened is that I started to relax and just be myself, not worrying about the opinions of strangers. But the hormones and the surgeries also had an effect. The dysphoria diminished so much that I sometimes wondered why it was that I wanted to transition in the first place--I wasn't used to being comfortable in my gender.

I don't use the word "pass" very often. I don't like it when people ask me if they pass (especially from a picture only). Part of the problem, as I see it, is that passing is too often thought to be purely a visual thing, and particularly facial. I sometimes use the word "integrated" to describe how well a person matches cultural expectations by gender, because that, to me, includes other factors like voice and mannerisms as well as attitudes and behaviors--all the things that have to come together to make a complete woman or man.

There is that negative connotation of deception--trying to portray ourselves as something we're not. Julia Serano in her book "Whipping Girl" contrasts the deceptive trans woman with the pathetic trans woman. The former does it too well while the latter does it too poorly, essentially leaving us in a "damned if we do and damned if we don't" situation.

In my own life, I think of myself as being post-transition. I still have a few things I want to accomplish, but I live my life with few gender-related complications. I live as a woman and everyone I encounter seems to see me as a woman. People occasionally use the wrong pronouns for me, but that doesn't bother me. I sometimes just politely correct them and forget about it. Usually, they figure it out when they take a closer look.
MyLittleCarouselPony
MyLittleCarouselPony
Administrator

Location : IRL---Cedar Point, Ohio / Equestria---Village of Merry-Go-Round

https://thenewmlpfimforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum